Andrew Patterson believes that you should do the things that set your soul on fire. He dedicated himself to a larger cause after being retrenched from his seemingly specialized job. He climbed Table mountain every day for an entire year and donated all the money raised to charity. We discuss why he did it, what we can learn from it and how people can commit themselves to something bigger to achieve better results.
When the voice inside becomes louder and stronger than the noise on the outside, that’s when you become the master of your life.
Some questions I asked:
26:05 Do people need to experience pain before changing their lives?
30:00 What does the word Ubuntu mean?
34:03 Advice for people to listen to their inner voice?
40:05 How to stay consistent and persist with your endeavors?
59:46 What can people do to broaden their perspectives?
- People procrastinate because they lack clarity on what they want to do or if they do know what to do then they procrastinate because they don’t know how to get there
- If you do not have a purpose then it’s easy to hit the snooze button in the morning when you actually need to get up early
- The pain in which you are living now needs to be greater than the pain of trying to get to where you want to go in order to make a big change in your life
- Just because you are not responsible for someone else’s suffering does not mean you can’t be part of the solution
- Do the things that put your soul on fire!
- Ideas come from within. Ideas come to you with a specific purpose and you should act on them. All you need to know is that you have all the resources within you to ACT on the idea.
- It’s not that we don’t listen to our inner voice but rather that we get caught up in other people’s opinions. People don’t see the full puzzle, they only see a piece of the puzzle.
You shouldn’t get advice from proximity, but rather from relativity.
Reach out to Andrew:
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/365ubuntuclimbs/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-patterson-76a26131
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE PODCAST? This show grows and impacts people only because of awesome people like you!
If you missed the introductory episode for Exploring Possibility, listen to it here.
Send in a voice message to connect with me: https://anchor.fm/exploringpossibility/message